Walton High School's Cross Country and Track & Field Booster Club
Want to join Walton Cross Country?
Are you ready for a challenge? If you are ready to work hard, meet new people, and learn some life lessons through running, then this sport is for you. Here's what you need to do to join our fun, dynamic team of athletes:
1. Complete the Cobb County Physical - All students participating in a sport at Walton are required to have a current physical on file with CCSD. Athlete physicals must be must be done through ParentVUE and must be 100% complete before a student can participate in any athletic activity, including summer or preseason workouts and certainly during the regular season.
To access the Online Athletic Registration, log into your ParentVUE account (or create a new one) on the Parent’s menu on the Cobb County School District home page (www.cobbk12.org).
Click HERE to view the video that provides step-by-step instructions on how to complete the Athletic Registration process.
Click HERE for the Athletic Registration Parent Guide.
2. Summer Running - Join our Senior-led runs Monday through Friday (5/28 to 7/31) at 8:30 am at the Chattahoochee River at Columns Drive. It's the best way to meet the team, get a taste of being part of the team and to get in shape for tryouts.
3. 12-Minute Run (Tryouts) - All athletes participate in the 12-minute run to tryout for the team. You will have three tries (8/1, 8/9, 8/15 at 7 p.m.) to meet the standard and make the team. Click HERE to see the standards and more detail.
5. Order Uniforms through Big Peach. Click here for more information.
6. Order Spiritwear (more information to come!)
RAIDER VALLEY RESURFACING PROJECT
As part of our ongoing construction project, we will turn Raider Valley over to our construction partners on May 16 for track resurfacing and several other upgrades.
IT IS CRUCIAL THAT NO ONE WALKS ON OR ACROSS THE TRACK DURING THE RESURFACING PROCESS.
After they resurface the track, it must sit for 30 days to allow the material to cure and if it is damaged, the process must restart from the beginning, which will delay the end date and impact our fall sports and PE classes. We will let you know when we are allowed to be back in Raider Valley.
In addition, the entire back side of campus will be a construction area that no one should enter, so while we know you are curious and excited, please allow the construction company to do its work without any of us causing any issues with finishing the project as planned. Thanks!
Another great way to support our athletes is through finding sponsors to support our team. No amount is too small and there are many sponsorship levels offered. Click here for more information.
Communication is Key!
Stay up to date with all Cross Country news and events.
Parents: Join Coach Gower’s Remind 101 Text Group: Text @iwatchxc19 to 81010
Athletes: Text @raiderxc19 to 81010
Click here to join the Walton Cross Country email list.
Facebook Parents Page: Search “Walton Cross Country Parents” and click join. (Athletes have specific Facebook pages, available through the coaches)
Follow Twitter @waltonraiderxc
Download the Membership Toolkit app on your phone or mobile device - Get access to the member contact information and team calendar.