Lettering in Track & Field
Track and Field Lettering Criteria
Any team member meeting the following criteria will receive a varsity letter.
- Performances must occur in an official meet.
- Times must be fully-automatic timing (FAT) for events 200m or less. For hand-timed results, the time will be rounded up to the next tenth and .24 will be added to the results. The performance shown above must be part of the progression of improvement or the person must show consistency.
- The athlete must finish the season in good standing.
- Standards may be altered for disciplinary reasons.
An athlete may also earn a varsity letter if:
- Receive a majority vote from the coaches.
- Score in the Varsity County or Varsity Region meets.
- Set or tie a Walton School Record.
- Place 1st in the JV County or JV Region meets and the performance is equal to or better than 8th place in the Varsity County or Varsity Region